Cecilia Braekhus Tops The BWAA's Inaugural Women's Pound-For-Pound List
The BWAA is proud to announce its first women's top 10 pound-for-pound list, selected on a point system. Twice a year, in June and December, the BWAA will go public with its listings.
Topping the first list is Cecilia Braekhus, who already made history earlier this year by being named the first BWAA Female Fighter of the Year. Braekhus is followed by Amanda Serrano, Layla McCarter, Claressa Shields, Yesica Yolanda Bopp, Jelena Mrdjenovich, Delfine Persoon, Kenia Enriquez, Mariana Juarez, Daniela Bermudez and Naoko Fujioka.
Fighters from seven different countries are represented, with the United States leading the way with three fighters listed, with Argentina and Mexico having two representatives each.
BWAA Women's Pound-for-Pound Top 10:
1. Cecilia Braekhus - Norway - 33-0
2. Amanda Serrano - United States - 34-1-1
3. Layla McCarter - United States - 42-13-5
4. Claressa Shields - United States - 6-0
5. Yesica Yolanda Bopp - Argentina - 34-1
6. (Tie) Jelena Mrdjenovich - Canada - 38-10-2
6. (Tie) Delfine Persoon - Belgium - 41-1
6. (Tie) Kenia Enriquez - Mexico - 20-1
9. Mariana Juarez - Mexico - 49-9-4
10. (Tie) Daniela Bermudez - Argentina - 23-3-3
10. (Tie) Naoko Fujioka - Japan 17-2
OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES – Erica Anabella Farias, Christina Hammer, Ibeth Zamora Silva, Katie Taylor
NOTE – Jessica Chavez is not on this list due to pregnancy
David Avila - http://theprizefighters.com/
Sue Fox - http://womenboxing.com/
Thomas Gerbasi - The Ring / BoxingScene / Boxing News